Monday, December 21, 2009

Stay to watch that moon disappear under these lights

Well, I am very late on this, but someone *coughBriancough* wouldn’t let me forget that I failed to update everyone after this last treatment. But I guess this way you get an update without the pain meds in me.

It was November 24th, almost a month ago but we are waiting till January to do the next one because of Christmas. Mom didn’t want me stuck in bed over the holidays. I think Dr. B is taking a Christmas break too, so it probably wouldn’t have been possible to stay on schedule anyway.

We did get some great news last time though. Dr. B was doing the regular checkup before hand to see where we needed to treat, and he said that my back is so much better we won’t even do it next time. He just puts pressure with his hands to see where the tender spots are, and usually I jump all over the place when he does it, because most places are tender. But this time, he hit way fewer spots that hurt, the rest really didn’t. I think we were both very surprised at that. And not only that, but once he started the treatment there were a few places that really didn’t hurt as he was doing it! I mean, it was uncomfortable (it was a freakin’ needle against my bone), but no more than just the discomfort of that. Usually every spot is REALLY painful, but I didn’t even have to squeeze the things they give me to hold onto, it just wasn’t bad at all. Now, this was only three or four places out of the 20 or 30 something, but still. Dr. B said it was the feeling that someone who doesn’t need prolo would feel if he treated a joint in them that was fine. Major improvements happening.

We did my right wrist for the first time as well. It wasn’t too bad; he did the deep anesthetic in it so only certain places were really painful. I found out that my left wrist must be much worse off, because my right one didn’t respond nearly as bad. If you saw pictures from my left one (scroll down), then you know it was pretty bad. This one only had a little inflammation and it didn’t last very long, I could use my hand after just a couple of days (sort of). It bruised pretty badly and that stayed for a while, but it didn’t hurt for too long.

Not sure what the plan will be for next time. I think we will start on my knees, and I still need to decide which wrist to do. I really want him to start on my shoulders soon too; I can’t wait to be able to play guitar standing up for more than a few minutes.

I’ll post a quick update when I get the date of my next treatment. Sometime next month, but I will get a little more specific than that.

Also, it was a year ago on my birthday (the 18th) that I started prolo. Not bad for just a year of work. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment