Thursday, January 14, 2010

Untitled No.3

Could it be? Yes! I have remembered to update everyone! : )


We ended up not doing my shoulder after Dr. B did a very thorough exam. He said that even though I was complaining about my shoulder, my neck is where the problem is. I can totally see that, so of course I told him to treat whatever he thought would fix the problem. We did my neck first, and he warned that it would “be like Woody Woodpecker in my head” since the bones are so close to my skull. He was right, but it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. The higher up areas didn’t hurt too much, but the further down he went the more painful it was (since the bones are not as close to the surface the needle had to go deeper). After that we did my wrists, but Dr. B used the deep anesthetic so it wasn’t bad in most places. Spirit came in just as we were waiting for it to kick in, and didn’t seem to be happy with the fact my hands were covered in iodine and I couldn’t pet him. He stared at me for a minute and then went to mom, who could pet him. There were a few places Dr. B hit “a bundle of nerves” as he calls them, and those hurt like crazy. It’s not possible to avoid them though, and it happens every time, in every area…but it still sucks.


It started snowing while we were there, coming down pretty good, but the sun stayed out. It was odd to see the thick snow falling from a bright blue sky; I have no idea where it was coming from. Once we left, we drove out of it quickly, I’m pretty sure it was only at their house.


I was able to do a lot more during the recovery, just because it didn’t affect my back or legs or core muscles. I just had to be careful with my hands and neck - no sudden movements, and remembering to turn my whole body instead of leading with my head. It was a little complicated at times, but funny, so it wasn’t that bad. My wrists are still not completely back to normal, but should be soon. A few random things are still a little out of whack but nothing too major. Should be good to go in no time.


Dr. B is also working on a letter to send to the insurance company. He’s mad at them too, so it should be good. He’s also sending his one-inch-thick credentials along with it. His way of saying “screw you” while still being professional.


Oh, and no prolo in Feburary. Gotta wait till March when I get a break from school.


Side note: When I was done, the next patient was there waiting. It was really funny to see him and his wife standing in the hall. The man was probably close to 7 feet tall (no…really) and his wife was 4’10’’. I think they need to be in a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment